STW Systematic Display and Classification
STW Systematic Display
- The STW subject categories are not suited for library classification purposes because of polyhierarchical relationships and multiple positioning of terms.
- Therefore a separate classification has been developed using the existing subject categories.
- The classification is built upon mono-hierarchical relationships and shows each subject field just once. It can be used for many purposes, e.g. as shelf classification or for compiling lists of newly acquired books.
- STW Classification (in German)
- STW Classification (Major categories, in English)