BORROWING IN KIEL AND HAMBURG
ZBW Kiel: 9:00 - 19:00h | ZBW Hamburg: 9:00 - 20:00h
Search EconBiz for ZBW holdings
In EconBiz you can order books for pick-up at the ZBW. Click the link "Access ZBW account" in EconBiz.
If you visit the ZBW in Kiel or Hamburg, you can register for a user card and borrow books from the library. We charge no fees for the card or for borrowing books. We will charge overdue fines if you do not renew the loan period in time.
You cannot take journals home with you, but they will be issued to you for reading, copying and scanning on the premises of the ZBW.
If a book or journal is not available at the ZBW branch that is most convenient for you, we will deliver the items there.
When you request a book or journal or place a reservation, please take care to select the branch where you want to pick it up.
Pickup at the loan desk
Loan desk Kiel:
- Items held at Kiel can be picked up within 30 minutes. We make books available to you on the same day if you order them until 17:40h.
- Books ordered from our Hamburg branch can be picked up on the following day from 14:00h.
- Items from the external stacks are available to you from 14:00h on the second day after you requested them.
Loan desk Hamburg:
- Items held at Hamburg can be picked up within 30 minutes. We make books available to you on the same day if you order them until 18:40h.
- Books ordered from our Kiel branch before 17:40h can be picked up on the following day from 12:00h.
- Items from the external stacks are available to you from 12:00h on the second day after you requested them.
If you cannot visit us in Kiel or Hamburg, please use our Document delivery services to borrow books or to order copies of articles.