FACTS AND FIGURES ABOUT THE ZBW
The ZBW is the world’s largest specialist library for economics.
Figures of the ZBW (2015):
- Holdings: 4.40 million books and other publications.
- Number of current journal subscriptions: 26,750 titles.
- Book acquisitions: 36,813.
- Newly acquired working papers: 19,655.
- Number of datasets in the Online Catalogue: 5.42 million.
- Number of documents on the document server EconStor: 104,296.
- Number of staff: 269 (2016: 276).
- Seat: The ZBW has two branches, one on the Firth of Kiel, the other on the Binnenalster in Hamburg.
- Legal form: foundation under public law.
- Founding year: 1919.
- Director: Professor Klaus Tochtermann
- Financing: The ZBW is financed jointly by the federal and state governments.
- Budget: 22.71 million EUR.
- The ZBW is a member of the Leibniz Association.